New Gatumba campaign website + new online petition calling for justice for the victims and survivors of Gatumba
The Gatumba Refugees Survivors foundation was founded immediately after the 2004 Gatumba Genocide on the consensus of all the survivors of this Genocide.
A team of fifteen people headed its elected president Olivier Mandevu has been voted by the survivors to lead the organization.
The foundation was legally incorporated in the state of New York in 2007.
The goals of this organization:
1) Promoting the memorial of the deceased.
2) Working for the healing of the Gatumba Genocide Survivors.
3) Speaking out against Genocides, oppressions, tortures and all other kinds of Human Rights Violations.
4) Promoting justice with regard to the Gatumba Genocide perpetrators.
5) Promoting Unity, Love and Reconciliation.
The petition can be viewed here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/18/justice-for-gatumba-survivors
Burundi, human rights, Current Affairs, Politics, Africa